My interests center on emergent, group-level processes that distinguish group problem solving and decision making from individual problem solving and decision making. Such processes include coordination, resource matching, information pooling, error correction, group-induced motivation, and group-induced cognitive stimulation. These fundamental elements of group interaction are engaged to different degrees by the nature of the group task and the group’s internal and external environments.
- Group Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Organizational Behavior
- Persuasion, Social Influence
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Holzhausen, K. G., & McGlynn, R. P. (2001). Beyond compliance and acceptance: Influence outcomes as a function of norm plausibility and processing mode. Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice, 5, 136-149.
- McGlynn, R. P., Harding, D. J., & Cottle, J. L. (2009). Individual-group discontinuity in group-individual interactions: Does size matter? Group Processes and Intergroup Relations, 12, 129-143.
- McGlynn, R. P., McGurk, D., Effland, V. S., Johll, N. J., & Harding, D. J. (2004). Brainstorming and task performance in groups constrained by evidence. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 93, 75-87
- McGlynn, R. P., & Holzhausen, K. G. (2009). Groups constrained by evidence: The generation, evaluation, and use of hypotheses in collective induction. In O. T. Chen (Ed.), Organizational behavior and dynamics. (pp. 37-59). Hauppage, NY: Nova Science Publishers..
- McGlynn, R. P., Sutton, J. L., Sprague, V. L., Demski, R. M., & Pierce, L. G. (1999). Development of a team performance task battery to evaluate performance of the command and control vehicle (C2V) crew. (Contractor Report ARL-CR-443). Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD: U.S. Army Research Laboratory.
Richard P. McGlynn
6334 N. Sheridan Road, #4F
Chicago, Illinois 60660
- Home: (773) 338-7961